Your Donation Matters
- $500 Provides emergency medical supplies, domestic violence shelter, cribs for safe infant sleep to prevent SIDS
- $350 Provides free medical care, nutritious meals, transportation services for donated care patients
- $100 Supports emergency grant requests
Tax-deductible donations can also be mailed to The Pierce County Medical Foundation, 1019 Regents Blvd, Suite 202, Fircrest, WA 98466
The Pierce County Medical Society Foundation was formed in 2000. The Foundation exists to raise funds to contribute to local non-profit agencies in efforts to provide assistance for those needing help in Pierce County.
The PCMS Foundation awards grant monies to Pierce County non-profit agencies that provide direct services for Pierce County citizens who are most in need. Feeding the hungry, offering clothing, shelter and protection for the most vulnerable, and providing health care for those without access are the missions of the agencies they are proud to fund.
The Foundation would not exist without the generosity of the Pierce County Medical Society membership. Contributions to the Foundation allow for local, non-profit agencies to benefit by over $20,000 collectively each year.
Each year funds are raised from the PCMS membership with the Holiday Sharing Card Project and the Annual Meeting raffle. Members generously donate to the card project and raffle knowing that 100% of net proceeds will be returned to the community through local non profit agencies that are awarded grant money.
The PCMS Foundation thanks all of these organizations for their dedicated work in our community amid a global pandemic. Thanks to the generosity of the PCMS membership, the Foundation is able to support their missions.
- Associated Ministries of Tacoma-Pierce County
- Catholic Community Services of Western Washington
- Neighborhood Clinic
- New Phoebe House Association
- Perinatal Collaborative of Pierce County
- Pierce County Project Access
- The Wishing Well Foundation
- Trinity Neighborhood Free Clinic
- Trinity Presbyterian Church
The 2021 PCMS Foundation grant application period is closed.
Recipients are chosen by the Foundation Board of Directors with grants ranging from $250 to $2,500 for Pierce County non-profits.
Areas of interest:
- Donated/free medical care
- Feeding programs
- Medical support services
- Housing support services
- Abused and neglected youth
Applicants must submit an application and include proof of 501(c)(3) status, a copy of their budget, a list of funding sources, and a copy of their annual report/or equivalent information. Grant monies will be distributed by September 30, 2021.
Grantees from 2020 must provide a written report to be considered in 2021 grant cycle.
Applications and support materials are reviewed by the PCMS Foundation Board and applicants providing the most direct services to Pierce County’s most vulnerable citizens are selected for funding.