Pierce County will become part of the Central Region that includes King and Snohomish Counties as detailed in the Healthy Washington Roadmap to Recovery Plan. The Roadmap to Recovery has two phases.
Effective Monday, January 11, 2021 Pierce County will be in Phase 1 of the new plan.
The Central Region will track four metrics:
- Two-week rate of COVID-19 cases per 100K population
- Two-week rate of new COVID-19 hospital admission rates per 100K population
- ICU occupancy (total: COVID and non-COVID)
- COVID-19 test positivity rate
The Region must meet the following metrics to move to Phase 2 of the plan.
- At least a 10% decrease in 2-week rate of cases per 100,000 people
- At least a 10% decrease in 2-week rate of new COVID-19 hospital admissions per 100,000 people
- A total of ICU occupancy of less than 90%
- A test positivity rate of less than 10%
The Central Region could be moved back to Phase 1 by the state if metrics trend upward.
Help stop the spread:
- Wear your mask
- Wash or sanitize your hands often
- Practice physical distancing
- If you're sick, stay home
- Get a flu shot